1. Wise Owl Chalk Piant - There is an extraordinary sense of bliss that comes with rescuing an item from injury; from the trash; or simply to bring it back to being a cherished piece once again. Wise Owl provides premium products and tools to aide in this transformation and their paint is second to none. Shop the collection of stunnning chalk paint colours here on our website.
2. Graco Magnum Paint Gun - Everyone has their favourite. Mine is Graco. Recommended to me by a professional painter and decorator, this is one of their slightly cheaper models aimed at the DIY/small business market.
3. Furniture Salve - Or “magic in a tin can”! Hemp oil and wax-based, without nasty fillers or solvents. Furniture Salve has endless applications and is available in a variety of beautiful natural scents. A perfect gift alongside one of Wise Owl's natural wax brushes.
4. Corner grips - We often refurbish old picture frames and mirrors which frequently require
re-glueing. These little helpers are a Godsend!
5. Cling On! Brushes - The smooth silky bristles of the Cling Ons hold plenty of paint and allow for a flawless brushstroke free finish, unmatched by any other brush. You will not lose bristles on your Cling On! brushes. You can find a brush for all projects in the Cling On! line here. They are simply a painter's dream!
6. DeWalt DWE6423K Random Orbital Sander - A light sander with soft moullding which makes it very comfortable to hold for long periods of time. Variable speed control that allows you to change the speed of the unit on the fly and low vibration. Look no further, your sander search is over!
7. Bench Cookie - Essentially a hockey puck/cookie with grips on each side. The idea is to not only elevate your work off the bench for sanding and painting but to also stop the workpiece from sliding. Just pure genius!
8. WoodUbend Mouldings - Heat bendable wood mouldings for quick and simple decoration of furniture, objet d’art, glassware, and many other everyday items.They have all the properties of wood but once heated they can be shaped to fit any surface and there are over 3000 designs to choose from! We are in love!
9. Thor Mallet 712 - This fabulous review from one Mr P Muphy on Amazon says all you need to know. "I'm not going to lie, wielding this hammer will not grant you the power to send lightning bolts shooting through the sky...BUT it will provide you with perhaps one of the most well-designed dead-blow hammers on the market at a VERY reasonable price. As a bonus, I expect this hammer to last a lifetime--if not a couple". We're sold!!
10. Country Homes and Interiors Subscription - There are so many beautiful monthly magazines available oozing with inspiration. This happens to be my favourite in English and my French choice would be Shabby Style...just in case anyone is still stuck for a gift for me, hint hint!
11. ESDDI Softbox Photography Light - If you sell furniture then a light kit is a must. They come in all price ranges and this particular one is perfect for anyone starting out in the furniture flipping business.
12. The Upholsterer's Step by Step Handbook - Bought for me last year, this book is already well worn. It is a great size, not too big but packed with all the essentials to get you started. A super reference book to keep you right!
13. Velvet Pear Vintage Gift Box - Finally if you can't think of a gift, let us do it for you! We have stunning gift boxes for every budget which can be sent directly to your recipient along with personalized messaging giving you the time to spend, well, on more upcycling!!